Saturday, August 23, 2014

Restaurant owner fends off atheist attack over meal discount for church-goers



Why are atheists so afraid of something they say doesn't exist?

A restaurant owner in Arkansas has come under fire from atheists for offering a 10 percent discount to church-goers — but bluntly says: I’m not stopping my policy.

Steven Rose, the owner of Bailey’s Pizza in Searcy, said to The Blaze that he only offers a 10 percent discount to those who bring in church bulletins as a “marketing tool,” similar to that given to Boy Scouts or military members.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation disagreed and said Rose is violating federal law.
Rose, however, said he’s not excluding anyone and that he has no plans to discontinue his discount.

“It was just like giving a discount to the Boy Scouts or the military, and they made it an ugly thing,” Rose said of the atheist group. The Blaze reported. “From their argument, if I’m giving a discount to the elderly, it’s ageism. If I give one to police officers, I’m prejudiced against people who aren’t police officers.”

Rose continued, The Blaze reported: “Short of a [judge’s ruling], there’s nothing that they’re going to say to me that makes me waiver on what I believe,” The Blaze reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment